Immediate Release - Saturday, May 11, 2019
Over the last several weeks, the club’s leadership has been finalizing plans for the future. In particular, we have been evaluating our participation in the U.S. Club Soccer (USC) league.
After serious consideration and evaluation, we have decided that it is in our club’s best interest to move away from USC and over to the South Texas Youth Soccer Association (STYSA). STYSA serves over 100,000 players in the South Texas region and is one of the U.S. Soccer Federation’s largest State Associations.
This move aligns with our club’s interests, core values, and mission going forward. Most importantly, it will serve as a positive improvement for our players. This will not have any effect on the quality coaching, first class facilities or the service to the membership. The change will be effective in the 2019 fall season.
This does not impact players at the U.S. Developmental Academy, Frontier Development League or the Recreational level as they do not compete in the USC.
Since announcing our exclusive partnership with the Houston Dynamo and Dash two years ago, our club has flourished to become the leading choice for players, coaches, staff, and volunteers throughout Houston. We are the largest club with 7,500 players and membership growth of 66% since taking the field as the Dynamo | Dash Youth in the fall of 2017. We remain the only club in Houston to serve boys and girls of all skill levels, from recreational soccer to the prestigious U.S. Developmental Academy.
Moving over to STYSA will best position and further strengthen the club for future growth. Our competitive players will now have the following benefits:
- Opportunity to positively impact the league and tournament environments for our players
- Options to play games closer to your community and on our “home” fields
- Increases the competition and ability level opportunities with new opponents and a wider variety of cup competitions
- Easier access to state, regional and national cup competitions
- The club will have greater control over the weekend schedule, fewer coaching conflicts and less travel time for families
- The club will have more player pass opportunities
- We would have the option to place some girls' teams to compete against boys’ teams at 10-13 years of age.
- Aligns league affiliation with Houston Dynamo Academy
If you have any questions, please contact your Head Team Coach and/ or Director of Coaching. Our staff are very excited for the start of tryouts next week and will also be available to answer any additional questions or concerns from our membership.
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to leading and serving the youth soccer community for the future.
Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer Club