The Harvey Relief Assistance Fund was put into operation directly after the hurricane devastated areas of Houston / South Texas which affected many of our club families. An internal club committee was formed and a comprehensive support system was put into place to reach out and provide assistance. Families were asked to fill in documentation pertaining to what support was required.
- Funds raised from donations = $13,074
- 49 families applied for assistance
- 30 players were provided with new soccer equipment donated by soccer.com
- 15 families were helped by their own teams and coaching staff – gift cards, clean-up, housing, transportation, clothing, furniture, kitchen items, cash & Dash | Dynamo tickets
- 10 families (14 players) received help from other teams and coaching staff within the club – household items, clothing, school supplies, plus cash and gift cards in excess of $1100
- Families from the following areas were helped: The Woodlands / Montgomery – 8; West – 2; South – 6; Kingwood – 5; Beaumont – 6
- 27 families were provided financial assistance with their training fees
- 100% of players / families that applied for assistance received help
“I am very proud of the collective effort of the Board of Directors, coaching staff and club members towards others who needed assistance following Hurricane Harvey. The actions of so many to reach out unselfishly in a time of need is what makes our club so special.” Don Gemmell, Technical Director, Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer Club.