As previously communicated, we intended on returning to soccer programming this week. Before we confirm the exact dates for training, we have a few steps that we are going to take in the interest of being most cautious and best prepared.
We anticipated further guidance from Governor Abbott on return to play guidelines last week, but it did not get released. At this point, it looks like this information will be available in the next few days. We want to review this information and incorporate it into our plans.
Over the next few days, we will:
- Review the latest guidelines from Governor Abbott.
- Work with health experts from Memorial Hermann on safety protocols within the Governor's guidelines and specific to our training environment.
- Design club-specific training sessions in accordance with the Governor's guidelines and upon the advice of our health experts.
- Communicate details of our plans and protocols to you upon completion.
- Schedule training sessions.
We feel that it is important for us to have the latest information and for these steps to be taken before taking the field again. We look forward to being in touch with the final plan over the next few days.
Technical Director - Houston Dynamo | Dash Youth Soccer Club